Here to Help Your Family Recover from Flood & Water Damage.

Pine Peak Logo in White

Fixing Water Damaged Walls & Ceilings in Maine

When damage from water infiltration is slow and steady, mold will follow.

Repairing the damage to your home, from water infiltration begins will investigation, and that often requires the removal of ceiling and wall materials.

While we are not roofers, plumbers or carpenters, we can provide you the valuable service of investigating your water damaged areas, removing the damaged materials and neutralizing the mold behind the damaged area that will do more harm to your family than just wet sheetrock.

Once the source is identified, the leak or water source stopped and the mold eliminated we turn the restoration over to the contractor of your choice.

The Three Molds Most Commonly Associated with Water Damage

Stachybotrys (Black) Mold

Stachybotrys mold is a type of black mold that thrives in damp and humid environments. It has a distinct musty odor and can appear slimy or powdery in texture. Stachybotrys mold releases toxic spores that can cause respiratory issues, headaches, fatigue, and skin irritation. Prolonged exposure to Stachybotrys mold can lead to more serious health problems, such as respiratory infections and neurological issues. It is important to address any signs of Stachybotrys mold growth immediately to prevent further health risks.

Chaetomium Mold

Chaetomium mold is typically green, brown, or black in color and has a dusty appearance. It thrives in damp and humid environments, such as basements, attics, and bathrooms. Chaetomium mold produces a musty odor and can cause respiratory issues, skin irritation, and allergic reactions in humans. In severe cases, exposure to chaetomium mold can lead to chronic lung conditions and other health problems. It is important to address and remove chaetomium mold promptly to prevent further health risks.

Aspergillus Mold

Aspergillus is a common type of mold that can be found indoors and outdoors. It typically thrives in damp or humid environments and can grow on a variety of surfaces, including walls, ceilings, and food. Aspergillus mold can produce harmful spores that, when inhaled, can cause respiratory issues such as coughing, wheezing, and difficulty breathing. In people with weakened immune systems, leading to a more serious infections, including aspergillosis, which can be life-threatening if not treated promptly.

Pine Peak Logo_small

Reducing the mold hazards from water damage in Southern, Central, Western & Coastal Maine

We service York, Cumberland, Oxford, Androscoggin, Sagadahoc, Kennebec, Waldo, Somerset and Penobscot Counties in The State of Maine.

To schedule your appointment with our assessment team, please visit our Contact Page, using the link below.

Pine Peak Abatement Logo_Large

To Contact Us by Telephone, Please Call: 207.200.2869

To Contact Us by Email, Please Write to: info@pinepeakabatement.com

Our home office is located at: 999 Forest Ave, Suite 7 Portland, Maine 04101

This site is Copyright © 2024 by Pine Peak Abatement | The site was built & maintained by Pilgrim Consulting & Design